There will be those days when you feel like spoiling and treating yourself a bit extra. Those days when you feel like having chocolate granola. It might be your birthday, an ordinary rainy October Sunday, you might have a tough week ahead of you or just finnished an extremely sweaty workout. Chocolate granola is always a good idea.
6 dl glutenfree oats
1 dl sunflower seeds
0.5 dl melon seeds
1-2 dl coarsely chopped nuts of your own choice ( cashew, macadamia, almonds, pecan nuts etcetera)
3-4 tbs melted coconut oil (add until mixture is wet)
2-3 tbs honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
3 tbs raw cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp cardamom
A hint of fresh grinded ginger
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
2. Mix all ingredients except raw cacao in a large bowl.
3. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Stir the granola every ten minutes. The last time you stir it (after 20 minutes) add raw cacao powder.
4. When the mixture is completely cool you can add raisins, chopped dates, bee pollen, dried blueberries, dark chocolate pieces, gojiberries etcetera. I added dark chocolate pieces when the granola still was a bit warm, the chocolate melted and gave the granola a nice flavour.
5. Store in an airtight jar.
6. Serve with berries, almond milk or yoghurt.