Again I have been inspired by the great authors behind Green Kitchen Stories. They shared an awesome recipe on Almond & Blueberry cookies when being interviewed by Vogue UK. I didn’t have any almond butter at home so I used peanut butter instead. I also did not have any tahini, but next time I will use it. What is more I used organic butter instead of olive oil and honey instead of maple syrup. They turned out pretty nice. However now I’m full of energy so I propably will have to go for a run 😉
So if you find a nice recipe but don’t have all the ingredients at home, use the ones you have. Don’t let the ingredients in the recipe intimidate you – be creative, there are so many ways to bake cookies, bread etcetera. I’m really fond of almond butter so next time I bake these cookies I’m for sure gonna use it. But until then, I will munch on these ones.
2.5 dl gluten free oat flakes
1.5 dl coconut flour or buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
90 ml cold-pressed coconut oil or organic butter
4 tbs honey
2.5 dl peanut butter
1/2 tsp ground vanilla
1 dl blueberries
A hint of almond milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Grind the oats into a flour using a mixer or food processor. Mix with the coconut flour/buckwheat flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Heat the coconut oil or butter, honey, peanut butter and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir until combined.
4. Pour the melted mixture over the flour mix, add the blueberries and stir everything together until combined. Add the almond milk if you feel the mixture is too dry.
5. Shape into small balls of dough and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
6. Press down on each cookie gently with your hands or with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, Don’t over-bake or they will be dry.
8. Let them cool for a few minutes since these cookies are a bit fragile while warm.