I’m in heaven. Chocolate heaven. We all need to be there once in a while. These peanut butter chocolate flapjacks are absolutely amazing. Perfect goodies to bring along to an Autumn picnic in the woods. I’m sure the whole family will be excited. Great Saturday candy by the way!
1 dl organic butter
1 dl brown sugar (or use sweetener of your own choice)
1 tsp ground vanilla
6 dl oats
100 g dark chocolate (70 %)
2 tbs peanut butter
1. Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until combine. Cook for 30 seconds.
2. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes.
3. Whisk in vanilla and egg until smooth. Add the oats and blend until combined. Cook over low heat while stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
4. Press the oat mixture evenly into the bottom of a pan lined with baking paper.
5. Mix chocolate and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the oat layer in the pan.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut the bars in smaller pieces before serving.