Do your children scream for Nutella again? Or is it you this time? I made it even more difficult for you to resist it. A healthier version of the popular chocolate spread is coming up! In fact it is right here.
The nutty taste combined with rich chocolate flavour is absolutely irresistible. Spread it on a slice of bread, banana pancakes or why not eat it with a spoon directly from the jar. Temptations, temptations… One thing’s for sure – It will taste heavenly anyway you will have it.
I used only about 60 g melted chocolate, if you want a more creamy and sticky nutella I would recommend you to use about 100 g (or more) melted chocolate.
How to make Nutella from scratch
150 g (2 dl) hazelnuts
2 tbs organic coconut oil
1 big tbs organic honey
100 g dark chocolate (70%) You can use less chocolate (about 60 g) if you want a more firm texture, more melted chocolate means a more creamy and sticky texture.
1 tbs raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 7-10 minutes.
- Wrap the nuts in a kitchen towel and rub in order to loose as much loose skin as possible. Let cool for a while.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water on the stove. Stir until smooth. Take off the stove and let cool completely.
- Place the hazelnuts in a foodprocessor and grind until they form a paste. I added about three tablespoons of water in order for the nuts to form a paste and not become a flour. (My foodprocessor isn’t the best for grinding nuts). Add the coconut oil, honey, raw cacao powder, vanilla powder and sea salt and continue processing until it’s as smooth as possible.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Place the nutella in an airtight jar and store in the fridge or at room temperature.
- The nutella will last for up to 1 week, or until someone eats it.
Inspiration from: www.splendidtable.com
How easy it can be to make something so delicious!
Have a wonderful day!