Granola bars are one of my favourite healthy treats and a perfect snack after working out. The ones you find in the supermarket are usually filled with sugars and other nasty stuff. Baking your own bars are definitely worth a try! It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy and you know exactly what’s in them.
These turned out really delicious. Of course you can leave out the dark chocolate if you prefer your bars to be vegan friendly. I sense they’ll be perfect for the weekend. On second thought… It’s Thursday today so I’m not sure there will be any left by Saturday.
Ingredients: (makes approx. 12 bars)
7 dl gluten free oat & seed mix (I used oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes)
0.5 dl melted coconut oil
2 tbs agave syrup
0.5 dl water + 2 tbs chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp cinnamon
0.5 dl dried cranberries
50 g melted dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius.
2. Mix the chia seeds with water. Put a side and let swell for 20-30 minutes.
3. Place the oats and seeds on a baking tin. Sprinkle the cinnamon on the mix and roast in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until light brown.
4. Mash the banana. Add the coconut oil, agave syrup, vanilla powder and chia mix. Blend together.
5. Take the roasted oat and seed mix from the oven and mix together with the liquids. Add the dried cranberries.
6. Place baking paper on a baking tin. Form the granola mixture into a square shape.
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 15-17 minutes.
8. Let cool down before cutting into pieces.
9. Melt dark chocolate and spread on the granola bars.
10. Store in the fridge.
Enjoy your Granola bars!