Today is a bread baking kind of Monday. I totally forgot about these delicious bread buns. I’ve made them before and they are really something extra. Gluten free with loads of seeds, nuts and dried apricots. The best part is that they are very easy to bake, and of course they are healthy. Healthy bread. Love it! Last time I made them I used flax seeds. Today I used psyllium seeds and added a tablespoon of chia.
Enjoy with home made blueberry chia jam and fried halloumi. Such a nice combo. A perfect choice on the breakfast table.
Ingredients: (approx. 4 bread buns)
1 dl gluten free rolled oats
2 dl buckwheat flour
0.5 dl dark psyllium seeds
1 tbs chia seeds
1 dl seeds & nuts ( I used a mix of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds and pistachio nuts)
2 dl soy yoghurt
2 tbs agave syrup
A pinch of salt
1 tsp bicarbonate
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients, except the chia seeds, in a mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl you mix together the soy yoghurt with agave syrup and chia seeds. Let swell for a while.
4. Blend the dry ingredients with the yoghurt mix. Combine to a relative smooth dough. The dough is rather sticky so wet your hands before you shape the dough into four pieces.
5. Place them on a baking tin and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of the buns.
6. Bake in the oven for approx. 25 minutes.