Strawberry tartelette with chocolate hazelnut spread
These beautiful and simply delicious tartelettes are really easy to make. I’m in love with the crust, so few ingredients but still really delicate. Lemon and vanilla in combination with rich and creamy macadamia nuts and sweet dates. Oh yes it’s a match made in cake heaven. Add chocolate hazelnut spread and fresh strawberries and you have a perfect, yet simple, dessert.
Ingredients: (approx. 6 tartelettes)
100 g macadamia nuts
0.5 tsp bourbon vanilla powder
1 freshly squeezed lemon
1. Place the nuts in a blender and mix for a couple of seconds. There can be some chunky nut pieces so don’t mix for too long.
2. Add the dates and mix until combined.
3. Flavour with bourbon vanilla powder and squeezed lemon.
4. Form the dough into square pieces (approx. 6 pieces)
5. Decorate the tartelettes with strawberries and chocolate hazelnut spread. I used an organic hazelnut spread that I bought from the store, but you can easily make your own spread. This one for example (click)
6. Store in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.