A moist and absolutely delicious Gingerbread Banana Bread. I found the recipe on Ida Wargs blog but didn’t have time to make it before Christmas. I just knew I had to try it as soon as I stumbled upon the recipe. It was better than I expected! I love the moist texture and spicy flavour and the fact that you don’t really know if you should describe it as a bread or as a cake. I prefer to call it a bread, and have it for breakfast or as a snack.
I must say that the bread is oh so perfect on these cold days. After a brisk walk outside, plenty of fresh air and rosy cheeks (yes finally!) it tastes even better. Spread plentiful of soft goat cheese and chia blueberry jam on a piece. It’s sensational, I promise! I bought a delicate blueberry and ginger chia jam from Renée Voltaire yesterday, that goes very well with the Gingerbread Banana Bread. A splendid combination!
Gingerbread Banana Bread
3 ripe mashed bananas
1 dl almond milk
0.75 dl agave or honey
0.5 dl coconut oil (I used one with cinnamon flavour)
1.5 tbs vinegar
1-2 tsp vanilla powder
5.5 dl glutenfree oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
6 tsp gingerbread spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves)
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line the pan with parchment.
- Melt coconut oil in a sauce pan.
- Whisk mashed banana, almond milk, agave, melted coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla powder in a big mixing bowl, then set aside.
- Stir remaining ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and blend together until smooth.
- Smooth the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 175 degrees celcius for approximately 33 minutes. Turn the oven off but let the bread sit in the closed oven for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to a month.