I prefer to add different (super)foods to my diet and at the moment I fancy a couple of products a bit extra. They give me well needed energy throughout the day, and last but not least they taste great!
- Acai. This awesome dark purple and antioxidant-rich berry grows in South America and is commonly found in the rainforests of the Amazon. Acai contains Vitamin C and B, minerals, omega fatty acids, among other things. Eat acai and you will get a natural energy boost.
- Raw cacao nibs. For my sweet tooth. I usually sprinkle these sweethearts on my smoothie or mix it with my home made granola. Divine!
- Coconut oil. I always use coconut oil when cooking. It’s for sure my favourite, and I can’t live without it. A new favourite is one with cinnamon flavour. Absolutely delicious and it tastes so good in my morning coffee ❤
- Chlorella. I use this fresh water algae to boost my immune system, reducing the chances of infection. It gives me energy and plenty of essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, Vitamin A, B1,B2, B5, B6, B12, E and K. Chlorella also contains calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium and phosphorus. I take my chlorella in tablet form.
- Kale. I just love this dark green veggie, it’s so versatile. I usually fry it in coconut oil and eat it just like that! You can add into veggie stews, soups, woks or why not make a healthy evening snack – kale chips.