Yesterday I made this divine dark chocolate brownie. One of my biggest inspirations at the moment is Swedish blogger and influencer Ida Warg. I found this wonderful recipe on her blog – Gluten free Vegan Brownie. This dark chocolate brownie is almost the same, but it’s not vegan and I used walnuts instead of pecans. Mostly because I didn’t have pecans at home. I think I would prefer pecans. Maybe next time 😉
It has a rich chocolate flavour and if you like dark chocolate you gonna love this one! The perfect cake for the perfect weekend. I had one piece after I had my oat & coconut porridge this morning, which means I have energy like a whole football team. Time for a power walk, I guess. Sun is shining, there is plenty of snow and it’s pretty cold. Lovely!
Ingredients: (approximately 16-18 pieces)
200 g dark chocolate (I used Lindt dark chocolate minimum 70 %)
5 tbsp coconut oil
2.5 dl almond milk
3 dl gluten free oat flour / rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 dl coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius. Grease a round cake tin, approximately 23 x 4 cm, with coconut oil.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add approximately 150 g of the dark chocolate and stir until melted.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, vanilla powder and sea salt -> add the coconut oil/chocolate sauce and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Roughly chop the walnuts/pecans and the rest of the dark chocolate -> add to the mixture and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking tin and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool just a little.
- Enjoy with a spoon of rice ice cream or just as it is. It’s lovely anyhow ❤