These flap jacks are amazing. A bit chewy, soft and ridiculously tasty. The most perfect post-workout snack or simply when you fancy something extra sweet. They are super quick and easy to make and will for sure satisfy even the pickiest person.
I have the biggest sweet-tooth. While I stay away from refined sugars I rather indulge in bananas, dates, coconut sugar, lucuma and honey. There’s so many healthier options to white sugar these days. But remember, although it’s a healthier option, enjoy in moderation. The key to a balanced lifestyle – don’t deprive yourself, stay active and everything in moderation. After my workout this morning they sure tasted mighty fine. I do hope I can freeze them for later since I cannot eat the whole batch by myself.
Blueberry Flap Jacks
2 ripe bananas
2 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
5 dl gluten free oats
A hint of vanilla powder & cinnamon
0.5 dl fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a square tin with baking parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
- In a sauce pan, melt the coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla powder and cinnamon. Stir together and blend with the mashed bananas.
- Add the oats and blueberries and stir well together.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle some cinnamon and coconut sugar on top (it makes the flap jacks even yummier).
- Bake in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Could down before serving. Store in the fridge.