Even if autumn has its positive elements these somewhat dark and grey months can be pretty rough on some people. Much as you might wanna escape to warmer climates there are some things you can do in order to spice up the season.
- Read books & watch movies. While getting darker outside it’s a great opportunity to read all the books you haven’t had time to read. Or why not watch all your favourite movies all over again.
- Candle lights. Scented candle lights will fill your whole apartment with a wonderful aroma and will help you forget all about the grey and rainy weather outside.
- Exercise. Although it’s nice to cuddle up in the sofa with chocolate & tea it’s good for your overall well-being to break a sweat. First: Sweat it out. Then: Sofa-time. Agreed?
- Enjoy the nature. Autumn is very beautiful; Go for long hikes and take advantage of the sunny, beautiful days. The fresh air will make you feel alive.
- Eat seasonable. Stock up on fresh, seasonable fruits, vegetables and berries such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, beet root, squash, red cabbage, potatoes, carrot, lemons, oranges, apples, figs etcetera.
- Throw dinner parties. Invite your friends and family over and make dinner together. The more the merrier.
- Eat vitamin D. In order to stay away from nasty colds it might be good to take some extra vitamin D. Boost that immune system of yours!
- Get back into your daily routines. Having routines is a great way to structure your life. It makes you more productive and effective. Write a to-do-list and start planning ahead for things you would like to accomplish. And while you’re busy writing; remember to write down your goals, dreams and all those other creative ideas that pop into your head before bed time.
- Enjoy the present. Worry less. Although things doesn’t always go as planned they usually turn out pretty well. Learn to become present in the moment.
- Clean your home. I might be the only person on the planet that actually likes to clean. Having a tidy and clean apartment is so satisfying – I love the feeling of throwing away old stuff, to donate old clothes to charity etcetera.