”Do what makes you feel sparkly inside”
There are plenty of habits you can incorporate into your daily routine that will be beneficial to your overall wellbeing. But nonetheless, there are a few habits that might be more crucial than others. Here is a list of my top 5.
5 Healthy habits you should develop in order to achieve better health.
- Be Active & Enjoy Mother Nature – The world is beautiful go out and explore it. Wheter it is your own neighbourhood or a new city there are always things to explore. Need to clear your mind? Take a walk in the forest or at the beach, breathe in the fresh air. Try to spend at least 1-2 hours a day outside. Being active every day doesn’t mean you have to go to the gym every single day.
- Live Your Own Life – In today’s society it might be easy to get caught up in other people’s lives. We easily compare ourselves with other people and their success stories. We are busy living their lives when we should be busy living our own lives. Appreciate yourself and what you have.
- Eat Simple And Clean – Choose clean, wholesome and nutrient dense foods (mostly plant based). Stop feeding your body crap. Eat food that gives your body all the vitamins and well needed energy it needs. Opt for leafy greens, nuts, berries, vegetables, beans, sweet potatoes and spices such as black pepper, chili, garlic, turmeric, ginger and cinnamon. Choose anti-inflammatory foods that will help your body heal itself.
- Educate Yourself – Read more books. Attend an online course. Learn a new language. Never stop learning. Education should be seen as an ongoing process – you are never too old to learn new things, in fact lifelong learning will improve brain health and longevity. Find a passion and learn everything there is to know about the subject. An educated mind is an open mind.
- Find Beauty In The Simplest Of Things – In other words; enjoy the presence of today. Although it is crucial to set goals for the future you also need to have a plan and remember to enjoy every-day-life. Start noticing what happens around you – Enjoy the taste of your morning coffee, the sound of your better half sleeping next to you, the sound of rain pouring down, the smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns, the excitement when something turns out the way you wanted, the sound of laughter, the feeling when you get hit by creativity, the feeling after a sweaty workout. There is beauty in everything.
And 5 things to quit right now:
- Trying to please everyone.
- Living in the past.
- Fearing change.
- Putting yourself down.