”Quiet people have the loudest minds”
– Stephen King
I just came home from an one hour walk. It is an amazing day here in Budapest – cold but sunny. I’m such a weather person, as soon as the sun comes out I feel alive. I sure need all the vitamin D I can get. Still have a minor cold but it is getting better. I thought that I would share with you a couple of my favourites at the moment. Things I’m obsessed with, foods I eat etcetera. Here we go!
My top 5 at the moment.
- Walking. One of the best ways to stay active. Start the day with a power walk or why not start walking instead of taking the car or the bus/metro. I especially enjoy walking when I’m in a new city – the best way to explore!
- Sweet potatoes. Filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties this sweet and tasty orange potato should be a staple in everyones kitchen. I love them roasted in the oven with coconut oil, himalaya salt, chili and some black pepper. Another tip is to mash them and use them as a spread on a piece of toast or why not make sweet potato soup. Yum!
- A long black with almond milk. I have come to accept that I’m never going to quit drinking coffee 😉 At the moment I love to have my black morning coffee with a dash of almond milk.
- Yin Yoga. I’m a total beginner when it comes to yin yoga but I certainly started to like it. A lot! It turned out to be really addictive. I try to do it at home at least 1 to 2 times a week, if only for 15-20 minutes. I usually go to Cat Meffan’s Youtube channel or Boho Beautiful.
- Vegan digestive enzymes. Helps my stomach digest (breakdown) carbohydrates, fats, proteins and cellulose plant fibre. I’m taking 1 to 3 tablets per day at mealtime. Definitely keeps my belly calm and happy.
Have a lovely weekend!