The foodie in me loves the ”What I eat in a day” videos on Youtube. So I thought why not make a blog post about what I eat in a day. This is an example of a good day, usually an active day with a gym session and maybe even morning yoga or a morning walk. I try to eat 5 smaller meals per day rather than 3 bigger meals. I love snacking – can’t live without my afternoon snack! Furthermore, I opt for drinking 2-3 litres of water per day. Since I’m an active person I have quite a big appetite. Now, when I’m aiming for a more plant based diet I need to make sure I fill my plates with enough veggies, brown rice or sweet potatoes in order to feel full and have energy for my workouts.
- Brekkie – The best meal of the day. I try to start my mornings with a big glass of lemon water. It’s a great way to start the day, cleaning out all the toxins 😉 I’m such a breakfast nerd so I’m usually waking up with a huge smile on my face. I just love having breakfast! At the moment I enjoy eating gluten free toast with mashed avocado and two fried organic egg. You will for sure find me sipping on a black coffee while scrolling through Instagram.
- Lunch – Most days I prefer having a smoothie with home made granola for lunch, other days I make myself a warm meal (preferably soup or fried rice & veggies. At the moment I love mixing frozen mangoes, banana, spirulina, spinach, vegan protein powder and peanut butter.
- Snack – I’m a huge snacker.My favourites are apple slices with almond butter or a raw food bar, preferably a home made raw food bar.
- Dinner – I always have something warm for dinner. If I work out in the afternoon/evening I usually have dinner approx. 1-2 hours after my workout. At the moment I love having gluten free wraps with hummus, falafel & mixed vegetables, sweet potatoes & vegetables or thai food.
- Evening snack – Yes, I always need to eat something before I go to bed! Some times I have almond milk with granola (I’m not afraid of eating carbs late at night 😉 ) or then I might choose to indulge in some fruits. I also enjoy a cup of herbal tea before bed time.
Don’t skip your meals darling.