‘I believe the sun will rise every morning, I believe it will set every night. How can there not be magic with a nature so magical?’
This delicious smoothie bowl is jam-packed with vitamin C. Topped with all kinds of goodies such as pecan nuts, chewy rawbites, raspberries and sea buckthorn. A perfect pick-me-up. The taste of sea buckthorn is quite tart, like sour orange, which makes it a nice compliment to a sweeter smoothie. Looking at this smoothie and it makes me think of autumn – fresh, crisp morning vibes.
Strawberry Smoothie bowl
1 frozen banana
A handful of strawberries
2 tsp almond butter
2 tsp maca powder
2 tsp chia seeds
2 tbsp oat flakes
+ vanilla powder
- Place the ingredients in a blender and mix until creamy. Always add the liquid first. Less liquid will make for a thicker smoothie, while more liquid will give you a thinner drink. I prefer my smoothies to be on the thicker side, eating them with a spoon.
- Top with your favourites. I chose raspberries, sea buckthorn, pecan nuts (my favourite nut!) and chunky rawbites.
Layering guide for the perfect smoothie;
2. Powders, such as protein powder, maca powder etcetera.
3. Greens, such as leafy greens (spinach, kale).
4. Soft ingredients, such as nut butters or yoghurt.
5. Fresh fruits, nuts and seeds.
6. Frozen and hard ingredients, such as frozen berries/fruit or ice.
Have a lovely day!