”everything is more glorious before dawn. the serenity flows through every inch of my body, making it easier to remember who I am.”
Saturday. Woke up at 6 AM. Oh how I appreciate being an early riser again. It makes me feel super productive, calm and satisfied. Happiness lies in the simplest of things – like waking up before sunrise, enjoying morning coffee on the yoga mat, taking care of the body. Pure bliss. Pure life.
I’ve been enjoying a late breakfast, plenty of coffee as well as homemade ginger tea. I’ve been searching for inspiration for articles, writing and making the most delicious spinach soup. Seriously! It’s tasty and filled with flavour, the recipe will be up on my food blog Health Food & Other Stories during next week. This afternoon I’ve been spending the hours studying for an entrance exam that I probably might apply for. Haven’t really decided though. Nevertheless, I’m reading something different from what I normally would read at the moment, gaining new knowledge. And I’m not the one saying no to new insights.
The hours have been passing by without me even noticing. I didn’t even go to the gym. Oh well, there will be time for that tomorrow. I think I might roll out my yoga mat again. Yin Yoga is my new best friend.
There’s always a reason to roll out the yoga mat daily;
- Improves your flexibility. I’m definitely more flexible now when in my 30’s than I was in my 20’s.
- Perfect for your posture. Sitting at a desk all day every day or in front of a computer is not ideal. Yoga can help you get your posture back.
- Boosts your mood. At least it boosts my mood. Why not try it out and see for yourself 😉 Downward facing dog anyone?
- Helps you focus. Yoga not only helps you focus, but it helps you reconnect with your body. You’ll gain control over your body by challenging yourself through different poses.
- Improves your balance & builds strength. There’re many challenging yoga poses that, besides from building muscle strength, also improve your balance and flexibility.