”Please ask yourself daily;What would I do if I weren’t so bloody afraid? And then just do it.”
Take the utmost best care of yourself
I’m introducing a new theme here on the blog – Friday Feeling. A positive feeling or mental habit that we could all benefit from by incorporating it into our daily lives. And what better way to kick it off than with the habit of SELF CARE.
It doesn’t mean you’re selfish when you do things for yourself, or when you take time for the things that make you feel good about yourself. Self care helps you build trust within yourself. You don’t need another person to come and save you; you make yourself happy by being true to yourself and by living by your heart.
When you feel good about yourself you automatically become a happier person. And that happy person will have plenty of love, kindness and energy to give to other people. You’re not the only one who will benefit from taking care of yourself, the people around you will most certainly enjoy your most vibrant self. When you’re kinder to yourself your kindness contaminates the world.
Make a list of things that make you happy.
Make a list of things you do every day.
Compare the lists.
At the moment my self care mantra goes a bit like this: ”A handful of curiosity, plenty of creativity and massive confidence fill my heart each and every day.”
For me self care is taking a long, hot bath, writing poetry, taking a long walk with an expensive latte in my hand, enjoying the sea, curling my hair, eating a green smoothie and enjoying a cinnamon bun at the same time, spending time doing nothing if that’s what I feel like in the moment, it’s doing yoga, respecting my body and all that it’s capable of, reading books and embracing everything I’m feeling. It’s loving life, and knowing that life loves me back.
Self care reminders;
- Never apologize for how you feel.
- Give yourself permission to be where you are, and to still be loved for it.
- The way you speak to yourself matters. Be impeccable with your words.
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
- Let your soul glow.
- Fall in love with taking care of yourself – Body, mind & soul.
- Know that you deserve the best, and nothing less.
- Every once and a while take a break from your own thoughts.
- Life is a gift wrapped up in red ribbons. Remember that every day you wake up. The biggest gifts of them all. Take care of it. Use it wisely.
- Stop saying yes to shit you hate. Life is too short.
you carry so much love in your heart.
give some. to yourself.